Are you an APPA Young Professional?
APPA Young Professionals (AYP) are defined as someone who has recently begun a career in the field of Facilities Management and is approximately 35 years of age or younger. Many of them bring the following attributes to the educational facilities management profession.
Some of the things young people bring to the profession
- Fresh new ideas to share
- Desire to be engaged and be active at the chapter, regional and international levels
- Different perspectives
- Motivated to be engaged with the broader membership
- Provide significant contributions and seeking mentoring opportunities
- May introduce different modes of information technology
- Aspire for growth in leadership and a career in Facilities Management
Meeting your changing needs…
APPA continuous learning will encompass training that is formal and informal, credited and uncredited, scheduled and on-demand that span from a couple-of-minutes “how to” videos to week-long immersive training, and range from no-cost to the prevailing cost versions of APPA’s premier offerings. The educational facilities management profession is experiencing transformational changes from innovations, technological developments, and institutional needs that will continue to occur at an accelerating rate. Facilities managers are recognizing that the key to success in an ever-changing environment requires continuous learning. APPA has developed this strategic plan framework and principles as an ongoing response to our evolving needs as we navigate our unfolding futures.
Taking the First Step to Success
- Is my organization a member of APPA? Log into your myAPPA account to check. Don’t have an account? Visit the myAPPA page to create an account.
- Not an APPA or regional member? Apply for organizational membership, please download the appropriate membership application from our membership page.
- Participate in APPA and regional professional development offerings. All programs can be found on our training calendar.
Mentoring is an essential leadership skill. In addition to managing and motivating people, it’s also important that you can help others learn, grow and become more effective in their jobs. Do you want to move your career forward? Would you like to develop your leadership skills as well as help others learn, grow, and improve their skills? Or would you like to find someone who can help you do these things? APPA is here to help provide you the platform to develop a mentoring partnership. Visit our mentoring page.
Taking the Next Step in Your Career
APPA’s Credential and Certification program is dedicated to strengthening and sustaining the profession by increasing professional competency and supporting the educational mission through establishing and validating standards for professional practice. To learn more about the CEFP and EFP, please visit our website.