In July of 2017, the Work Group sent the draft standard out for public review through ANSI’s Standards Action. The 60-day public review period closed on September 19. ANSI’s Board of Standards Review (BSR) approved APPA 1000™ as an American National Standard (ANS) on December 14th. To purchase a copy of the standard click here to go to the APPA Bookstore.
On September 22, 2017 a Project Initiation Notification (PIN) was published in ANSI’s Standard Action for Part 2 of the standard which will detail data elements and implementation based on APPA 1000™ – Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for Facilities Management – Part 1: Key Principles. The new sub work groups were established and are listed below. The work group held its first meeting in early October to begin working on Phase 2. On April 26 and 27, 2018 the work group met at the APPA Headquarters to begin formulating Part 2: Implementation and Data Elements
Subject matter experts (SMEs) will be used for their expertise and input to Part 2.
TCO Foundation Sub Work Group
- Greg Ceton, CSI – co-leader
- Nancy Johnson, Facility Matters LLC – co-leader
TCO Information Gathering Sub Work Group
- Stephen Harris, University of Texas – co-leader
- Duane Hickling, Hickling & Associates – co-leader
- Erik Backus, Clarkson University
- David Handwork, Arkansas State University
TCO Decision Making Sub Work Group
- Cameron Christensen, Julliard – co-leader
- Jim Whittaker, JLL – co-leader
- Tom Harkenrider, Soka University of America
TCO Integrity Sub Work Group
- Ted Weidner, Purdue University – co-leader
- Karren Bee-Donohoe, The State University of New York
TCO Data & Formulas Sub Work Group
- Bob Askerlund, Salt Lake Community College – co-leader
- Steve Holzer, BIMobject – co-leader
- Chuck Mies, Autodesk
For more information on this project please contact Billie Zidek, Standards & Codes Administrator.
APPA 1000 Part 1 Archives